Filing a bankruptcy case is the cheapest, quickest, and most efficient way for an eligible individual to deal with unmanageable debt. But it requires paper work. A bankruptcy lawyer’s first step is to determine debtor eligibility. The second step is to make a clear, complete and accurate presentation of a debtor’s assets, debts, and financial dealings. To do this, a debtors
Business bankruptcies are either unnecessary or very expensive. A corporation or limited liability company cannot receive a Chapter 7 bankruptcy discharge. And such entities are not eligible to file under Chapter 13. If the purpose is to shut down the business, there is usually no advantage in filing a Chapter 7 bankruptcy for a business entity.
Yesterday, I overheard a grumpy old man complaining about “the irresponsible people who file bankruptcy.” He said, “people ought to be responsible and pay back their debts.” I wanted to interrupt the grump-old-man to tell him: “Sure, people should pay back their debts. But that takes money. Most people who file bankruptcy don’t make enough money to cover their basic
A Chapter 13 case is a way to hang on to your property while paying all or a portion of your past debts. One of the benefits of Chapter 13 is that once your file, the interest stops accruing on unsecured debts. It is also possible to pay off a vehicle by paying off only its value
At your free first consultation, I will determine if you can and should file a bankruptcy or not; and if so, whether you are eligible for Capter7, 13, or 11. Call for an appointment. I can stay late in the evening on most Tuesdays and Thursdays. By the way, eligibility to file a bankruptcy depends on three
Now that the April 15th tax return filing deadline has passed for filing your year 2016 tax returns (unless you got a filing extension to October 15, 2017), potential bankruptcy filers should know that (a) if you file a Chapter 7 bankruptcy case before you receive your tax refund, your Chapter 7 trustee will be entitled to
Peter Guyon has criminal defense experience that goes back 25 years. There’s no substitute for experience in dealing with DUIs, white collar crime, misdemeanors, and felonies. The purpose of criminal defense in the American justice system is not just to protect the innocent, but to make sure that police and prosecutors don’t break the law.
It must be something in the gene pool—the strong urge to be an entrepreneur. Between the Mississippi River and the Sierra Nevada Mountains, many individuals—for reasons that elude me—would prefer to spend their nights organizing limited liability companies. Unfortunately, only 17% of these start-ups succeed, and the rest fail. That’s an 83% failure rate. This
If you are going to file a bankruptcy, be sure you time the filing of the bankruptcy case so you do not lose your year 2016 federal and Utah State tax refunds. Call me for a free consultation.
Peter Guyon has decades of experience as a criminal defense lawyer. If you are being charged with a crime, get the best help possible as soon as possible. Call for a free 1st consultation: (801) 322-5555.
If you’ve been sued on a debt, the court can enter a judgment against you. Once that happens, garnishments can start and that collector will take 25% or more of your net income from each paycheck. The only reliable way to stop garnishments is to file a bankruptcy. Don’t wait. Act quickly and act now. Call me for a free consultation.
The holidays can be hectic and often can leave some with a financial hangover. Check out your options for discarding unmanageable debt. You shouldn’t put off a free consultation this January. If you know your options, you can claim a better future.